Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Right now... I'm good."

I hit a few rough spots yesterday... like when my husband dropped me off for work and when I had to delete his work email from my address book and when my colleague gave me a big hug (I only work once a week, so the last time I saw her was before everything happened).

When people ask me how I'm doing, if I'm not doing well, I usually respond with "OK" before my lip quivers and my eyes well up with tears. But those moments have decreased a bit over the last few days, and the Lord has given us much to be happy about.

...like the fact that we were able to enjoy a breakfast date at Starbucks after we dropped our exchange student off at school this morning, because today is free pastry day! (Thank you, Starbucks!) We even got our drinks for free, because a very kind friend decided to bless us with a gift card.

So instead of responding with "OK," I can smile and answer, "Right now... I'm good."

No comments:

Post a Comment