Thursday, September 2, 2010

back in the saddle... soon

I sent my husband off to university for the first time this week. When I asked him how it went, he replied, "Not too intensive, actually." That was before his metaphysics class and before he had to stay up till 3:45 AM finishing the assignments he missed while we were out-of-town.

We're back after two very full months away-- my sister's wedding in New York; a summer conference for international students in Oklahoma, Michigan, and Chicago; a family vacation in Montana, and my grandfather's funeral in Taiwan. This week, we're enjoying our unemployment status as a much-needed break from the hectic pace of the summer.

Next week, in addition to classes, my husband returns to work and I will as well. Our exchange student has decided not to return to the US, so I'll be shipping or selling his belongings and figuring out how to set up the baby room. But that can wait till next week. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the break while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment